Thursday 30 January 2014

Introduction to my Blog


 KATE LIVING ON AN EASTERN CAPE FARM



Over the past 30 years I have spent many hours walking and discovering the wonderful world that surrounds me at Rookwood, the farm I live on. 



Little did I know that that road into Rookwood (as seen in the photo), would lead me to a wonderful world of experiences with our living creatures of the Eastern Cape.






A little bit about the place I live on.  Rookwood is a farm found south of Queenstown in a sweetveld area with lots of Acacia karoo thorn trees.  There are two rivers that drain the farm meeting at what we call 'the fountain'.  We do not have mountains but hills offering spectacular views of the surrounding areas 




We farm with beef cattle, wool sheep and boergoats.  The domestic animals include Border collies and cats.  There are
many wild inhabitants too.


Join me in my blog  to share my passions and experiences of my world I live in

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited about your new blog, Kate. This is a beautiful and tough part of the country and I look forward to seeing more of it through your eyes.

    ReplyDelete